Meltingcow Re-Head Admin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meltingcow

Administrator
Administrator
Name (First only is OK) - Ian

Age - 32

How long have you been trading? (Only answer if applying for Trade servers) - I have been trading for about 5 years but took a break and have recently started trading again.

How many hours do you have in CS:GO? - 1432

Do you have previous moderator/admin experience? - I was head admin on TGP before going inactive but I am back and ready to trade and help the server again. I was also admin on various G-mod servers several years ago and can again get into contact with the people who ran them if need be.

Do you have a reputation thread? (Only answer if applying for Trade servers) - Yes I have a TGP cashrep and had a cash rep through the steam group but that has since been deleted by valve and I will have to make an account on the new forum page.

When you are encountered with a scammer and you dont have enough info, how will you best go about dealing with this? - Dealing with scammers and accusations of scamming need to be dealt with on a case to case basis but my general rule of thumb is to first try to ascertain as much information as I can from the victim and anyone else who might have an account of what happened. Then if I am unable how to resolve the issue on my own I would reach out to other staff to try and get the best clear picture of the events and how they unfolded. Hopefully after conferring with other staff I have a full understanding of the scam and have the proof needed to ban the offender. I would like to reiterate that I believe every scam happens differently with different circumstances leading up to the scam and this is not a definitive way to solve not having the information needed, but does serve as my general approach to dealing with an allegation of scamming.

What do you think Admins/Mods can improve on in the group/servers? - I believe the current largest issue that needs to be addressed is the dwindling player count. I do not currently have a fix all solution to the problem but will work on growing the player base in any way that I can.

What will you do to maintain and grow the group/servers? - As I stated in the previous question I don't currently have a fix for the problem of a dwindling player count but I will work to address the issue in any way that I can.

What will you bring to benefit our group/servers? - I have years of moderation experience and trade experience to bring to the table as well as the willingness to be an active part of the community. TGP was and still is one of the best communities I have ever been a part of and I hope that my presence in it is one that brightens peoples days and creates an enjoyable atmosphere to be a part of.

What time are you usually on? - I am on and available most week nights from about 8pm-2am CST and should be available almost any time on weekends.

Give us a little information about yourself (Minimal, Don't dox yourself) - As most people who knew me before I took a break from trading I am a PHD in chemistry who enjoys collecting high float skins.

Which server(s) are you applying to? - TGP CSGO trade server

Any current admins are you familiar with? - CowHugger, Virus, LingLing, Flop and most of the other staff that were a part of TGP before I took my break from trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.