Lavaskin's Admin Application

lavaskin

Name (First only is OK) - Jackson

Age - 22

How long have you been trading? (Only answer if applying for Trade servers) - Around 2 years

How many hours do you have in CS:GO? - 1948 hours

Do you have previous moderator/admin experience?:
I've administrated larger Minecraft servers in the past and mid-sized Discords. Nothing major recently.

Do you have a reputation thread? (Only answer if applying for Trade servers):

When you are encountered with a scammer and you dont have enough info, how will you best go about dealing with this?:
I would attempt to bait them into revealing their specific tactic if they were suspicious enough. I've met quite a few people on the server that seem suspicious as hell at first glance but turn out to be really cool so I'd like to prevent false-positives. You could try to start a deal with them for example, or hop in spectator and watch a deal with someone else to verify.

What do you think Admins/Mods can improve on in the group/servers?:
I think the overall format of the Discord server could be greatly improved. To be honest, it's pretty janky in its current state. There also just needs to be more transparency on server information. For example: is there any official FAQ about various things like VIP cost? And speaking about VIP, it could also be improved. Setting up an actual automated payment system would stop people from buying it once and then just never getting it taken away as well as let people sign up easier.

What will you do to maintain and grow the group/servers?:
I play on the server regularly and would try to advertise it in other communities if possible. I'd shut up mic-spammers, people constantly interrupting ads, and just try to keep order when it gets chaotic at times (especially recently when there are long stretches of time with no admins present).

What will you bring to benefit our group/servers?:
I'd offer help in improving the discord by better modernizing it with bots, better channel structure, etc. I'd also bring a level head to the moderation team on server to help out when things get overwhelming.

What time are you usually on?:
Depends on when I work, but usually anytime between 2pm -> 2am PDT. If I'm not on then at the very least I'll be available.

Give us a little information about yourself:
I'm a fourth year computer science student at an Oregon university that's worked in the restaurant industry for around 6 years. I started trading in early 2019 with a small investment and built up a sizeable amount of capital up until now. I mostly cash trade now in the higher tier (3000+), but still enjoy trading smaller things and love helping out smaller traders get into things. Recently I went out of my way to take two traders under my wing and help them get started as they had unboxed really nice knives and wanted know the best way of selling/trading them I'm a big fan of helping people out and hate seeing people get taken advantage of. If I were an admin I'd try to use that leverage to help out more people.

Which server(s) are you applying to?:
The CSGO trading server, and I guess the Discord if there's a broad distinction.

Last edited: