Chilly / Jacob's Ban Appeal

Chilly

- Why were you banned?
I was banned because of an issue where I was API scammed and was under the impression that it was "Barn" the person I was attempting to trade with scammed me by making a new account.
During this whole situation, I was upset and lashed out, I attempted to give Barn arcs since I unknowingly scammed him thinking that he scammed me.
I recently got back into trading, and have not been refreshed on all the ongoing methods scammers use until it was too late. For this, I apologize sincerely to T-Virus who I acted childish too and was nothing but disrespectful after I got API scammed while trying to give barn the arcs and got scammed again. I was told to give him back the item or worth of the item, even though I just attempted to do so. This is still fair, it was not Barn's fault that I got scammed nor was it right for me to do it right back even with me being under the impression it was him who scammed me.
Barn and I made up, and he has said that it is no one's fault. He plans to speak with Clara to ask about me receiving an unban for the issue but I felt it was best to explain the whole situation and apologize for how I reacted. To me, $600 was a loss I was not happy with. However, that is just money I can earn back, friendships & the community around TGP is something I lost that privilege to.
Barn wants to get me unbanned, as well as I would be grateful if I were unbanned. I've been apart of the community forever, most may not remember me, because while I was younger I could never find a name that I was happy with. The point of me saying this, is because I'd like a second chance to be a part of the growing community.

- Why should you be unbanned?
In all honesty, I don't agree with my actions and I definitely should have handled the situation better. I would just be grateful for a second chance.
I understand if that is not possible anymore after how I reacted. Figured, I can at least give it a shot.

- In what way can you prevent your previous actions (if applicable)?
Definitely keep updated on current scamming methods, more cautious with what websites I am signing in to.

- What qualities do you bring to our group?
Hopefully, if given the chance more people. I've always been a fan of TGP and recommended it to IRL friends looking to get into trading.
I am a somewhat experienced trader, just a little outdated on the scamming methods that have been introduced since I've been gone.
Overall, I am a pretty friendly guy, and it is not common for me to react the way I did.

Sincerely, Jacob / Chilly

Chilly

My steam link:

TVirus

Staff member
Owner
Hey man awesome to see you have a change of heart. Can you have barn make an account on the forums, attach his steam account to it, and post that he's good now on here? Thanks