✰ MrCottonWooL's Staff Application ✰

mrcottonwool

Administrator
Administrator
Name (First only is OK) -
Cotton (Translated to English from Thai)

Age -

How long have you been trading? (Only answer if applying for Trade servers) -
Officially, I have been trading back since 2014 where keys used to still be a currency for traders to price and trade their items. I took a very long break from the trading scene from 2016 - 2019, came back to trading again towards the end of 2020, and have been trading since.

How many hours do you have in CS:GO? -
1160 hours ... around 1900 hours total if including my MM smurf acc. Spent most my hours on CSGO Lounge back in the days... Good old days..

Do you have previous moderator/admin experience? -
I have never been an admin on any CSGO servers. However, I have been admin on multiple Gmod servers/communities (6 to be exact, totaling around 4 years), and have been the owner of a community with over 50 active admins from 2019 to May of 2020. From my knowledge, I believe administrating on CSGO wouldn't be much of a difference compared to Gmod, if not much easier to deal with. If you have any background knowledge of Gmod DarkRP servers and how toxic these players can be, you would clearly understand where I am coming from. As my server have been maxed out at 128 players each day during March this year, I constantly have experience in dealing with drama and toxicity from both players and my own staff members every single day. Therefore, administrating TGP shouldn't be out of my league as most players usually behave.

Do you have a reputation thread? (Only answer if applying for Trade servers) -
CSGO Cash REP - https://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts/discussions/5/2575445628467615930/ ... around 5-6k so far but should grow over time..

When you are encountered with a scammer and you have to deal with a trivial ban how will you best go about dealing with this? -
Everything will be based on proof provided by both parties. I personally believe that there is always a solution to every situation therefore whatever is provided will be reviewed and check very thoroughly. It is very important to allow both parties to present their cases, then have admins review the data in order to make a proper decision. Most importantly, if I were to review a case myself, it would be kept unbiased and all based on the evidence provided. Even if it means having to consult other admins for a second opinion to ensure fairness.

What do you think Admins/Mods can improve on in the group/servers? -
From my experience having ran multiple servers in the past, there are two things that makes a good community/server. First, the level of toxicity on the server should be kept at a minimum. Mods and admins have the responsibility to maintain this to ensure that the players, both old and new, enjoy their experience on the server. Secondly, to maintain the safety of all players. As TGP being a trade server, it is prone to have sharkers/scammers target the vulnerable. Mods/Admins have the responsibility to pretty much keep an eye out and protect these players from them, even educate new traders in cases.

What will you do to maintain and grow the group/servers? -
If there is one thing I have learnt from running a server in the past about building a community, it is to strengthen the community from it's core. It is the players that comes back every single day that makes the community grow and attract new players to join. Therefore, it is very important to ensure that these players are looked after in order for them to join back and attract the new players.

What will you bring to benefit our group/servers? -
As a person who is very mellow, I am pretty much never agitated by anyone if they insult me personally. Mods and Admins should have have this trait as personal emotions should be kept separate from server duties. Being able to be online during the hours other admins are usually off, I would surely keep the server's toxicity levels during those hours to the minimum. Even better, having experience working with lua, I could be of help with minor addon issues etc.

What time are you usually on? -
3am - 4pm (GMT) - These hours are mostly when I see barely any admins (if any) online. I live in New Zealand so these hours work best for me.

Give us a little information about yourself -
Background in Landscape, Interior, and general Architecture, I have tons of experience with 3D modelling, graphics design and others related in the field. Fluent in both English and Thai, and currently working as a freelance Graphics Designer for my supervisors from University. I usually spend my free time on the server occasionally trading high tier skins here and there, but mostly enjoying the community in general. TGP tends to get new traders here and then, and I really enjoy helping them out, explaining to them what to look out for, best market places (buff163), and so on. It would be of my interest to support the growth of the community through ensuring that everyone on the server is having a great time trading and chatting, and of course scammer/toxic free.

Which server(s) are you applying to? -
CSGO TGP Trading Server

Last edited: